Calypso is a fast-growing jack-up engineering company. We offer all jack-up related engineering services and products, from design to on-board support.
Calypso crew is well versed in all areas of expertise involved in jack-up engineering, which include hydrodynamic, structural, geotechnical and mechanical engineering. We aim to regularly send out each engineer to support jack-up operations on-board. All of our engineers are therefore generalists with hands-on experience.
In addition to being a generalist, each Calypso engineer develops a specific, unique, expertise or skill, which is linked to a specific engineering product or service. The subject expert, or “resident expert”, has full responsibility for this engineering product or service, both in terms of engineering as well as in terms of business development. Responsibilities could include marketing, sales, contribution to JIPs, writing for and presenting at conferences, project management and execution and engaging the client at all levels. Entrepreneurship and personal growth are Calypso’s core values and are actively endorsed.
- BSc degree in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Maritime Engineering or equivalent
- Familiarity with Python programming language, or willingness to learn
- Proficiency in Dutch and English
- Office presence of at least four days per week
- EUR 600,- p/m compensation
- Intensive support from experts and peers – as we expect intensive drive for developing knowledge and skills from you
- Visit to jack-up (key-side) to become familiar with controls and real-life issues experienced by crew.